SHIP STABILITY CALCULATIONS : SHIP STABILITY SOLVED PROBLEMS
A vessel of 12000 tonnes displacement has KG of 7.4m. She plans to work the following cargo:
- Load 200 tonnes at KG 5.7m
- Load 1200 tonnes at KG 4.8m
- Load 650 tonnes at KG 0.5m
- Load 4010 tonnes at KG 8.2m
- Discharge 250 tonnes from KG 7.2m
- Discharge 1250 tonnes from KG 5.0m
- Discharge 400 tonnes from KG 10.2m
- Transfer 2000 tonnes from KG 1.2m to KG 10.2.
Calculate her final GM. KM is constant at 8.2m.
A vessel of 12000 tonnes displacement has KG of 8.5m. She discharges 2000 tonnes of sea water ballast, KG 4.2m and loads the following:
- 400 tonnes of plastic, KG 5.0m
- 3000 tonnes of fertilizer, KG 3.5m
Calculate her final GM.
A vessel of 5000 tonnes displacement has KG of 6.0m. She then works the following cargo:
- 300 tonnes loaded at KG 7.0m
- 200 tonnes loaded at KG 2.0m
- 500 tonnes discharge from KG 5.0m
- 400 tonnes of deck cargo, KG 8.37m is then transferred to a lower hold, KG 1.37m.
Calculate her final KG.
A ship arrives in port with displacement 6000 tonnes and KG 6m. She then discharges and loads the following quantities:
- Discharge 1250 tonnes of cargo KG 4.5 metres
- 675 tonnes of cargo KG 3.5 metres
- 420 tonnes of cargo KG 9.0 metres
- Load 980 tonnes of cargo KG 4.25 metres
- 550 tonnes of cargo KG 6.0 metres
- 700 tonnes of bunkers KG 1.0 metre
- 70 tonnes of FW KG 12.0 metres
During the stay in port 30 tonnes of oil (KG 1m) are consumed. If the final KM is 6.8 m, find the GM on departure.
A ship’s displacement is 4500 tonnes and KG 5m. The following cargo is loaded:
- 450 tonnes KG 7.5 m
- 120 tonnes KG 6.0 m
- 650 tonnes KG 3.0 m.
Find the amount of cargo to load in a ‘tween deck (KG 6m) so that the ship sails with a GM of 0.6 m. (The load KM is 5.6 m)
A ship of 5500 tonnes displacement has KG 5m, and she proceeds to load the following cargo:
- 1000 tonnes KG 6 m
- 700 tonnes KG 4 m
- 300 tonnes KG 5 m
She then discharges 200 tonnes of ballast KG 0.5 m. Find how much deck cargo (KG. 10 m) can be loaded so that the ship may sail with a positive GM of 0.3 metres. The load KM is 6.3 m.